Is it time for a new online direction in your teaching career?
Teaching English online is becoming more popular all over the world, giving learners and teachers flexibility in where and how they develop English language skills.
Join free FutureLearn course to find out about the skills, knowledge, digital tools and resources you need to design and deliver effective online English lessons. Gain insights from online teachers, trainers and learners and share ideas with other course participants.
This course will help you better understand how to adapt your face-to-face teaching skills to an online environment.
What topics will you cover?
The context of English Language Teaching online
- Contexts: learners and learning
- Strategies for developing rapport and engagement
- Dealing with classroom management in an online classroom
- Key skills needed to be an effective online teacher
- Tips for finding learners and channels to deliver online learning
How to plan and deliver online skills lessons
- Developing reading skills
- Developing writing skills and dealing with errors online
- Developing speaking skills
- Developing listening skills
How to plan and deliver online language lessons
- Setting context
- Clarifying and practising language
- Dealing with pronunciation
How to continue your professional development as an online teacher
- Getting feedback on your teaching
- Evaluating and reflecting on your teaching
- Joining online communities of teachers
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
Who is the course for?
Experienced or recently qualified teachers who would like to transfer their teaching to a live online context.
Who developed the course?
Cambridge Assessment English
Cambridge Assessment English is part of the University of Cambridge who helps millions of people learn English and prove their skills to the world.
Join here this FREE course
…and learn how to transfer your teaching skills to an online context and start teaching English online.
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. FutureLearn has ten million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible online courses as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives.