Uncover the magic of London in January with our My LONDON program, seamlessly blending language travel with the city’s winter charm. This popular English learning program has been a favorite among young learners for 15 years and is guided by a Verbalists tour guide/group leader.
London Winter Magic
Explore the magic of London in January. The city comes alive with the winter spirit, creating a sense of wonder all around. Take a walk through the busy streets adorned with sparkling lights and festive décor, and it’ll feel like stepping into a fairy tale. Enjoy top-notch theater performances in famous venues like the West End. We will dive into the city’s history by visiting landmarks like the Tower of London and Buckingham Palace, which take on a special winter charm.
With a view of the River Thames, a Royal Park, and some of London’s grandest buildings, Greenwich is a uniquely beautiful place to study English and is only 20 minutes from central London.
The program is delivered by Oxford International Junior Programmes which is part of the Oxford International Education Group.
Oxford International Education Group, established in 1991, is an accredited educational institution with a rich history spanning over 30 years.
As a world leader in private education in the UK and in North America, this group provides the highest quality educational opportunities for 25,000 students annually from more than 100 countries in more than 25 campuses.
Oxford International offers various educational services, including school trips, language schools for adults and juniors in the UK, Canada, and the USA, as well as programs for university preparation, teacher training, and more.
Oxford International takeс pride in its commitment to academic excellence, with over 12,000 students participating in educational tours. Their programs cover a wide range of academic levels, from GCSE and A-levels to university pathways and summer courses for 14-19-year-olds, catering to international students worldwide.
The school is located in the picturesque and historically significant Royal Borough of Greenwich. Boasting views of the River Thames, a Royal Park, and some of London’s most majestic architecture, Greenwich offers a uniquely beautiful setting for English language study, all just 20 minutes away from central London.
The facilities include 18 classrooms outfitted with interactive whiteboards and high-speed WiFi.
Address: Oxford International London, Greenwich, 259 Greenwich High Road, London SE10 8NB
In the My LONDON program, students are guaranteed to enhance their language skills, not just within the classroom but also through forming friendships during trips and exploring all of London’s iconic landmarks. This program seamlessly integrates General English courses with sightseeing, offering a unique perspective of London that often remains hidden from tourists.
With the guidance of our Verbalists Language Network travel guide, you’ll always have support to practice your English language skills, explore London and experience the most of England.
General English Lessons: 20 lessons per week (15 hours per week)
Maximum class size: 20
Activities & Excursions
London’s galleries and museums are incredible and some of them are free! There are over 100 free things to do in London: museums, art galleries, markets, parks and famous landmarks, so even if you think London is expensive, with the Verbalists guide you don’t need to spend much money while enjoying London.
Weekends are reserved for exciting half-day and full-day excursions to Brighton, Oxford, or Cambridge, as well as for resting and shopping.
Our students will be accommodated at the Britannia Hotel, which is located on the water’s edge in Canary Wharf. It’s a short distance from Greenwich (20 minutes from the school) and offers fantastic transport links into central London.
The International Hotel is a modern, glass-fronted building situated close to the internationally famous business district, providing superb views of the London skyline.
- Twin ensuite hotel accommodation
- Wi-Fi Internet access in public areas
- Two on-site restaurants: Jenny’s Restaurant and Overstuffed Pizzeria
Meals (full board)
- Breakfast: Self serve full English breakfast daily.
- Lunch: £5 meal cards for students’ choice.
- Dinner: 3 course dinner at the Britannia Hotel.
Dates and Prices
Planned start dates:
Individual travel: 7 January to 10 February 2024
- For South and East Europe: 7 January (one and two weeks) and 14 January (one week)
- For Latin America: 28 January (two weeks)
Price (per student)
Program for students 15-19 years old
One week £1,190
Two weeks £2,240
Included in the price:
- Organized activities and guided tours of London and other UK cities
- Care and support by Verbalists Education guide/group leader
- English courses – 20 lessons/week
- Full program of activities and excursions (there is a supplemental charge for some activities and excursions)
- Twin room accommodation, with full-board
- Visitor Oyster card with zones 1-2 weekly travelcard
- Return airport transfer for group travel (the airline ticket must be purchased through PRODIREKT)
- registration fee ₤50
- travel insurance
- Transport costs for half- or full-day excursion to another city such as Oxford, Brighton, or Cambridge
Please note that filling out the PRODIREKT Application Form and Terms & Conditions does not secure a place on the program, nor does it mean you are under obligation that your child attends the course you are inquiring about. It is simply the first step in the application process, so that we can give you precise program details and check program/accommodation availability. A contract is signed directly with the school, and a place is confirmed after a deposit or the whole course fee is settled. Please fill out and sign:
- Application Form (download here) and
- Terms and Conditions (download here), and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you enroll for foreign language study abroad with us you are not only getting the expert advice, guidance and dependability of an accredited organization and a world-leading language network, but you also enjoy special privileges, such as:
- scholarships offered only to PRODIREKT/Verbalists students and our International Ambassadors;
- special discounts – you often pay less than what a school charges for the same program;
- enrollment advantages – faster processing, lower or no deposits, no charge when you change your booking;
- priority in reserving your residential or homestay accommodation;
- less strict cancellation policy;
- free visa application assistance;
- travel and airport transfer arrangements;
- in case of some young learner programs and summer schools, guidance and care of our staff and group leaders during the duration of a program.
Accredited programs supported by the accredited Verbalists Education & Language Network.
Verbalists Education is a world’s leading language network, accredited by the most important independent accreditation bodies in student recruiting, language teaching and learning. See more about our international accreditation and certifications here.
My LONDON Program Friendship Moments
Please contact us to enroll or find out more about My LONDON Program – Winter Edition, or to learn about other attractive destinations in our offer.